Name:
Location: Natal, Brasil-Florida-Portugal

I've been fortunate to live life "Free as a bird", living and working on 3 continents.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Building a web - digital and living

I haven't had much time for this blog especially with some technical problems that crept in this week. I have lots of new ideas every day of new things to do and add to the enjoyment, usability, and practicality of this site. If only there were 40 or 50 hours in a day you'd probably see more of them showing up.

I'm putting together some of my video editing stuff and you should see some short videos before long. I am fascinated by birds. flying birds! pelicans gliding down the canal about a half inch from the water, or crashing headlong with a big splash and a satisfied gulp of real "sushi"! the vultures catching an updraft as they soar ever higher. I hope to capture some of that for you.

Captain Mike Shellen is also real busy this time of year but when things slow down I should be able to capture some shots of a big bass hitting one of his baits. With a little luck I'll be ready for the Perch Festival and the rodeo as well.

So every day as we live and work around Okeechobee I put together little "digital" bits and pieces of people, businesses, and places. But it turns out that the web that's getting built is more than just computer programs - more than the bits and bytes. We visit people and become involved, we learn about the people who make up this town. People like Captain Mike, Rolf at the Buckhead ridge Marina (and the waitress who's son is the bull rider in 'Photos'). Gary - The Sign Guy, The people we meet at the RV Parks, and stores; oh yeah and let's not forget the people who weren't quite sure what we were up to taking pictures of their Christmas decorations. Yep, that's another kind of web, a "people" web.

So I get to play geeky games, play wildlife adventurer, and even let a little bit of personality slip out once in a while as Kim and I build an Okeechobee web.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home