Name:
Location: Natal, Brasil-Florida-Portugal

I've been fortunate to live life "Free as a bird", living and working on 3 continents.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Moved to Okeechobee a few months ago. Great place. Bought a boat - Pontoon boat - There's 1000's of them here. Lake doesn't get very rough, so a pontoon boat gives you lots of room, economical, easy to maintain.

My wife and I bought a home on a canal with easy access to the lake, although from what I've seen, most people don't go out on the lake much. There are plenty of canals and of course the "rim canal". good fishing all around.

I guess most of the boats here are for fishing. There are a fair number of bass boats around as well, and right now seems to be a good time for both bass and specks (speckled perch or crappie) the bass are mostly catch and release and the specks are mostly catch and eat!

There's lots to say about Okeechobee and it was hard to find out much about the place. I found most of the websites had little real information so I started www.okeechobee360.com to put up some photos, lists and a little more. Well it's getting to be a real project now and I believe it's already the best site for Okeechobee and I've only been working on it for two weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home